Thank you for joining Zen Community of Oregon!
The mission of Zen Community of Oregon is to make accessible the teachings and practice of Zen Buddhism. ZCO Members are stewards of the community providing ongoing, regular support for the daily activity of our monastery and temple, as well as outreach to the wider community. Membership is an important step in beginning your path of practice with ZCO and deepens your relationship to the Dharma.
Upon receiving your application, the Membership Committee will contact you to provide additional membership information and answer any questions you may have.
Zen Community of Oregon is a non-proﬁt 501(c)3 corporation. Your contributions are tax deductible and an accounting is available as needed.
Beneﬁts of Membership
- Discount on sesshin and workshops; may attend sesshin on a part time basis
- Borrowing privileges at the Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple library
- Access to Heart of Wisdom meditation hall during open times, and reduced rates
for building rentals
- Voting rights at the annual meeting and other times, after one year of membership
- Eligibility to serve on the board after three years of membership
- Sanzen (private interview with Teachers)
Please select a payment method and membership level below.
To stop automatic payments and to cancel your membership
Please contact the ZCO bookkeeper to stop automatic payments or to cancel your membership. Due to the considerable number of retreats at the monastery, please allow 14 days for your request to take effect.
Membership payments will be processed monthly until you cancel.
- A Red Cedar Member pledges $100 per month or more. This member invests in the long-term development of ZCO.
- A Sitka Spruce Member pledges $75 per month. Pledging at this level helps ZCO keep the fees for retreats, workshops, and other events low, and to continue providing classes free of charge.
- A Mountain Maple Member pledges $50 per month. This is the basic ZCO membership; this level keeps our facilities open and helps support the teachers, priests, and other essential staff.
- A Shore Pine Member pledges $35 per month. This membership helps cover basic expenses such as mortgage, utilities, mailing costs, and general supplies.
- A White Oak Member pledges $25 per month. This category is primarily for people who live too far away to participate on a regular basis but want to support ZCO.
- A Noble Fir Member pledges what they can afford. Lack of funds should never stand in the way of joining the ZCO community. Please send an email to the head of Membership and offer what you can.
To become a member, please login or create an account, and fill in the form below, or click here to automatically download a PDF.