Zen Spirit at Work
An interactive workshop which will address the difficulties encountered in everyday work experiences
We spend many, many hours of our lives at work. Sometimes the work environment is wonderful but sometimes it can be chaotic. How can we use our Zen practice and other tools to navigate this often precarious landscape?
Right livelihood, balance, and happiness at work will all be part of this day-long workshop, where we will:
- Use simple, interactive work practice activities to explore our relationship to what arises at work, including boredom, frustration, irritation, restlessness, procrastination, and reactivity
- Discuss dealing with difficult people and explore what we think might be missing in our work lives
- Practice mindfulness and introduce awareness tools which can provide an antidote to many of our work day issues
Please wear clothing appropriate for the work portion of the workshop.
- Call 503-728-0654
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Registrar, P.O. Box 188, Clatskanie, Oregon 97016
Kodo Conover, Dharma Holder
Kodo began Zen practice with ZCO in 2000, is a graduate of the ZCO Sanghakai program and was made a Dharma Holder in June of 2013. In 2010 Kodo retired from a career as a vocational rehabilitation counselor to help establish Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple. She is currently the temple manager and leads the Tuesday night sitting and discussion group. She is married and has lived in the Pacific Northwest her whole adult life.