This introductory workshop is open to all skill levels, and to anyone who wants to use sound and their voice as a part of their practice. In the workshop we will:
- Talk about the three types of voice: Chest/belly, throat, and nasal. We will practice using these types of voice and talk about their benefits and drawbacks.
- Explore the use of breathing as a part of chanting practice.
- Practice rhythmic chanting and how to lead a group.
- Learn how to project and open the voice, and explore the difference between singing and chanting.
- Explore energy resonances with tonal chanting, and learn how different tones vibrate different chakra and energetic resonances.
- Practice listening and chanting with a group to produce harmonics, move energy, and deepen meditation practice.
This one-day workshop coincides with the full moon, so participants are encouraged to attend the evening Full Moon Metta ceremony. The evening practice will include a ceremony of ethical living and use toning and chanting as a part of loving-kindness practice. This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen practices learned during the workshop. For more information about Full Moon Metta, click here
Suggested donation includes a vegetarian/vegan lunch. Registration is helpful; it lets the cook knows how much lunch to prepare. Walk-ins welcome.