This introductory workshop is open to all skill levels, and to anyone who wants to use sound and their voice as a part of their practice. In the workshop we will:
- Talk about the three types of voice: Chest/belly, throat, and nasal. We will practice using these types of voice and talk about their benefits and drawbacks.
- Explore the use of breathing as a part of chanting practice.
- Practice rhythmic chanting and how to lead a group.
- Learn how to project and open the voice, and explore the difference between singing and chanting.
- Explore energy resonances with tonal chanting, and learn how different tones vibrate different chakra and energetic resonances.
- Practice listening and chanting with a group to produce harmonics, move energy, and deepen meditation practice.
This workshop is part of a weekend of chanting practice culminating with the 24 Chant for Peace beginning on Saturday at Noon.
For overnight accommodations, please contact the Registrar